Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's the End of the Week as We Know It

So, I went to classes today.  I'm glad I feel functional again, but the badgermole and the catgator aren't gone yet and I miss being able to lay around in bed working on these projects and watching Stargate SG-1 all day.  But it's over now, and I just get my evenings to my crafts.

But there is good news.

First, I finished the second amigurumi thing that I was making!  I made the body of it in December before I knew about using smaller hooks on stuffed things so that there's no holes through which the stuffing can show, so it has that problem going for it, but it was good practice and still cute.  I'm going to make a second one that's bigger, modify my already make-shift pattern slightly while doing so, and that's the one that I'll give to my friend.

Secondly.  Best thing ever.












My dormmate lent me a book called The Happy Hooker and it's the greatest book of crochet instructions and patterns I've ever seen!   I bookmarked all the patterns that I really really want to do right away (as in this month, in addition to everything else I already had in mind).
Sooo many bookmarks.










These two especially.  These are the two prettiest/awesomest things in this book in my opinion, and I desperately want to make both of them.








Er... I hope it's not copyright infringement if I take pictures of the book, but just in case I'll make a disclaimer that the patterns belong to Debbie Stoller who made them.  She's awesome and I love her book.

What I've been working on today is finishing the second glove of a pair I started making last semester for a friend who later moved away.  After that, I didn't feel that much pressure to finish them and, using the lamest excuse ever, "I never got around to it." 
fingerless gloves in progress













When she saw my fingerless gloves (specifically the part-red-part-silver one), she wanted some, too but in blue and green, and with the colors reversed on the opposite glove.  The yarn she picked out is super fine and soft and lovely to work with.  I appreciate it greatly, as all I can usually afford is Red Heart.  My hands don't appreciate me too much for it.

What I did today was all of the second glove except for a small section of wrist that was already started.  They work up pretty fast for the most part, even though they're single crochet.  The most painstaking part is going from wrist to hand, trying to get the right number of stitches without specific places to put said stitches on the previous work, it being in the other direction.

I'd like to refer back to when I said I had lots of projects in mind, including the ones I found in the book.  I also have another work in progress, so here's just a current list of all the things I am/want to be working on.
I think I overestimate crocheting speed and the amount of time I have left available this month.  I don't care.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I love Debbie Stoller's books, but I'm more of a knitter myself. I only crochet small things.

    ReplyDelete