Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sickness Is Conducive to Crafting

As the title would explain, I am currently sick.  Last Tuesday I woke up feeling like I had a catgator living in my sinuses, and a bagdermole living in my throat.  So I haven't gone to classes for the last three days, allowing me to watch many many episodes of both Slings & Arrows and Stargate SG-1 while crocheting myself crazy.

Of the two amigurumi projects I mentioned in the last post, one of them is all finished but for one part that I don't have yet; I still can't put up a picture or say what it is, though.  The other is basically done, but turned out to be more of a practice run, the outcome of which was so-so.  I'm going to give it another go with a completely different pattern and find something else to do with this poor misshapen creature.  I think I may just keep him myself.
 
These last few days have finally put a visible dent in my bag of fiber fill.  This stuff lasts forever, and that was the smallest bag available (12 oz), only costing $2.99.  Seriously win.  All the more reason to make more and more and more stuffed animals!











Here's a couple pictures of the fold-over mitten top gloves that I mentioned last time but didn't have available.  I wish Erica could model them on her own hands as they're too big for mine, but she's off on an excursion for the rest of the week/weekend.
Now they're fingerless...

...and now they aren't!

I also got around to blocking one of the scarves I knitted a while back (it's the white one in the first picture on my last post), so it's currently lying flat, pinned, and drying.  All is well with the world.










I might as well mention a non-crocheting project that I did recently when my friend bought a $10 box of white sculpey which he shared with everyone.  That's right.  I made a Dalek.

Also on devART















A trip to Jo-Ann is in order as soon as I feel up to riding my bike 4 miles then back.  Then I can finally add the finishing touch to my latest project and give it to the person!  I'm not going to give it away directly, though.  Oh, no.  I'm going to send this person on an epic quest.  Just you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment