Wednesday, March 02, 2011

In Which I Wish February Never Had to End

I realize it's March.  I also realize that I haven't posted in a while, so here's what's been compiling over the last several days:

I finished the 2-tone fingerless gloves!
Ninja skills: confuse enemy with colors!
The power is in the gloves.
 Now I will send them to my friend in Minnesota!

I loved that yarn so much, and I had just enough left over to make this neat springtime hat.
Front appearance
There's holes in it!

And more holes! O.o










That was fun, though making it up as I went along stopped working so well when I was really running out of yarn.  I had to go back and do the last few rows again several times in order to decrease the correct amount so it would fit as well as have enough yarn to finish.

I am now about 5/6 done with the second version of my most recent amigurumi project.  The only reason I'm not already done is because I started and finished a new project in the last two days that was a present for my friend's birthday (today, March 2nd, though it's late, so you see it as very early March 3rd). Voila!
Zach is pleased.
The penguin is pleased.

This may be one of my proudest creations, and I basically just improvised.  I had an idea of what I wanted, then just kinda did whatever I wanted from there.  I counted stitches and wrote things down so I can share the pattern in a separate post.

This last thing is a fun project requested by my friend and fellow Stargate fan.
My polar bear, Ianto, travels through time and space 'cause crossovers are fun. xD










There's wire and stuffing inside it to make it hold its shape.  The wire was actually quite cheap, namely because I got it at Walmart.  This was the smallest amount I could buy:
A lot of wire.  A lot.










And then I went to Joann to help my roommate pick out fabric for a dress I'm helping her make (being able to crochet makes me The Crafty Friend Who Knows Everything even though I don't).  While I was there I bought two new hooks, sizes G and N.  The only ones I had before were F, H, I, J, and K.  I also bought 3 skeins of yarn - black, cream, and orange.  Somehow I managed to only spend just over $11 on this shopping trip, which amazes me.  It was also the first time I ever gave into buying Vanna's Choice.

Yay, soft yarn that I usually can't afford.

So, clearly I've become obsessed with crochet. I know March has already started and I've begun to get back into my noveling mind, but I never want to stop crocheting!  I've decided to start a second blog dedicated entirely to my yarn-related projects and patterns so that this blog can keep on track with the project I originally set out to do.  Anyway, I promise I'll be back tomorrow with an update for March for reals.  Maybe a little teaser for my story so far or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment