Thursday, August 25, 2011

Unrelated

I don't know how these conversations even happen.

Mom: You should go to bed. (It's only about 10pm.)
Me: I'm fine.
Mom: Take some medicine that will make you sleepy, then.
Me: If I take medicine now, it'll knock me out for too long.  I need to get up at 6 am 'cause I'm taking [my younger sister] to school.
Mom: I don't want you waking up at 11 again.  You're not being responsible.
Sister: Yeah, it's not good for you.
Me: I woke up at 9 this morning, not 11.  And I did chores all day!  Plus I just said, I'm getting up at 6 tomorrow.  I'm taking you to school so that I can have the car, and then I can get it smog checked and have the oil changed.
Mom: Why did you wait so long to do it?
Sister: You shouldn't sit around all day.
Me: Well, I'm doing it tomorrow, so that doesn't matter.  It'll get done.
Mom: You need to get your priorities straight. *walks out*

WAT?!?!?!  I don't understand her train of thought.  It's like "bed = coffee = llamas = CELERY.  FIVE CELERY.  THAT'S how irresponsible you are!  FIVE CELERY!!!!!!" (partial quote from my friend Polly who probably understands these things better than I do)

What this post fails to represent is my mom talking over me constantly, and my sister on top of that, also telling me what I should do.  But writing out makes it sound all nice and orderly.  It WASN'T.

No comments:

Post a Comment